LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS
When was the last time you were surprised? Share with one another what happened and why you were surprised.
UNDERSTANDING THE STORY
- Choose someone in your group to read this familiar passage slowly, naturally, and expressively to the group. Everyone else close your eyes, and imagine being a participant in the events described.
- Talk together about which details, events, or people stood out to you.
- What happened when Mary heard her name? (vs 16) What shifted in her response, and why do you think it changed?
- What role does “seeing” play in “believing” for Jesus’ followers in this passage? (see vs 6, 8, 14, 25, 27) And how does Jesus respond? (vs 29)
LIVING THE STORY
- What brought you to belief in Jesus as the risen Lord? Take time to share with one another why you believe Jesus is Lord and anything you have “seen” that strengthens your belief.
- Why is Easter—the celebration of Christ’s resurrection—important to you? Why is it important for the world? How can your group live in the reality of this importance and share it with others?