LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS
What Christmas tradition or practice most helps you remember the significance of Jesus Christ’s arrival?
Understanding the Story
1. When Jesus quoted Isaiah 61:1-2 (see Luke 4), He said the prophet’s words were “fulfilled in their hearing.” (Luke 4:21) Why would this have been significant? Why would it have shocked Jesus’
2. How was Jesus the fulfillment of Isaiah 61? Share with your group how Jesus proclaimed good news to the poor, bound up the brokenhearted, proclaimed freedom for captives, and released prisoners from darkness.
3. Why is it important for us to know that God loves justice?
LIVING THE STORY
1. How are the descriptions: poor, brokenhearted, captive, and prisoner still applicable for us today? Why or why not? Share about where and how you see poverty, broken hearts, captivity, and
2. How can we be patient when injustice occurs, while knowing that God loves justice and will carry it out in His timing?
3. What is one way you as a group—and as individuals—can participate with God in accomplishing what Isaiah prophesied and Jesus came to do?