LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS // AUGUST 19-20
SERMON SERIES: EXPAND YOUR TABLE
Rev. Dr. Chap Clark
“WHO ARE THE CHILDREN?”
Were you ever the recipient of an especially kind act? What were the circumstances and how were you affected?
UNDERSTANDING THE STORY:
- Examine the acts of kindness that Jesus is describing in this parable. Are they difficult?
- In the parable, what may have motivated the sheep to do something, considering that they were surprised by Jesus' words?
- Read Colossians 4:5-6. How do our actions and words cause outsiders to consider the act of following Jesus?
- When Jesus said in the parable, “you did it (or didn’t do it) unto me”, what is he implicitly telling us?
LIVING THE STORY:
- What may hold us back from stepping in and helping someone in need?
- How might we be more open to opportunities to practice kindness in our lives?
Other messages in this series
|You're Invited!|| ||Jun 25, 2017||Chap Clark|
|R.S.V.P.|| ||Jul 2, 2017||Rev. Dr. Bryan Eckelmann|
|I'll Come To You|| ||Jul 9, 2017||Chris Greer|
|The Posture of Hospitality||||Jul 16, 2017||Chap Clark|
|Hospitality and Trust|| ||Jul 23, 2017||Bill Thrall|
|Many Parts, One Body|| ||Jul 30, 2017||Chap Clark|
|Living Above the Line|| ||Aug 6, 2017||Rev. Megan Hutchinson|
|Table Setting|| ||Aug 13, 2017||Rev. Dr. Bryan Eckelmann|
|A Longer Table|| ||Aug 27, 2017||Rev. Steven Good|
|The End of the Table|| ||Sep 3, 2017||Chris Greer|