LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS:
Have you ever been part of a really great team? What did you do? Which of your gifts or skills uniquely helped you excel?
UNDERSTANDING THE STORY:
- Re-read verses 12-13. What does Paul say all Christians have in common? What does it mean to “drink of one Spirit”?
- What happens when a foot or ear does not think it belongs to the body? What is Paul warning and why?
- What are some main themes of this passage? What does it mean that everyone has a part to play in the body of Christ? How should the parts view each other?
LIVING THE STORY:
- Do you ever have an inappropriately elevated view of your role in the church? Do you struggle with feelings of inadequacy? Have you ever looked down on other believers for not “doing enough”? Share your thoughts about how Paul might respond to each of these scenarios.
- Considering your gifts and passions, how might you best serve the body of Christ? Share your thoughts with the group.
- What are some ways in which we can all remember that each of us is a valuable member of the body of Christ, regardless of their role?
Other messages in this series
|You're Invited!|| ||Jun 25, 2017||Chap Clark|
|R.S.V.P.|| ||Jul 2, 2017||Rev. Dr. Bryan Eckelmann|
|I'll Come To You|| ||Jul 9, 2017||Chris Greer|
|The Posture of Hospitality||||Jul 16, 2017||Chap Clark|
|Hospitality and Trust|| ||Jul 23, 2017||Bill Thrall|
|Living Above the Line|| ||Aug 6, 2017||Rev. Megan Hutchinson|
|Table Setting|| ||Aug 13, 2017||Rev. Dr. Bryan Eckelmann|
|Who Are The Children?|| ||Aug 20, 2017||Chap Clark|
|A Longer Table|| ||Aug 27, 2017||Rev. Steven Good|
|The End of the Table|| ||Sep 3, 2017||Chris Greer|