LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS:
Who is one of your favorite people to be around? What group of people do you have the most fun with? Share about both?
UNDERSTANDING THE STORY:
1. Everyone sins. Who might Luke be referring to in verse 1 when he writes, “the tax collectors and sinners” gathered to hear Jesus?
2. Given Jesus’ audience (tax collectors, “sinners”, and the religious elite) what ways is his illustration significant? Is it a story for the sinners or the religious in his audience, or both? Explain.
3. When you think of Jesus, do you think of him a partier, someone who really knows how to celebrate? Why or why not? How does the Bible depict Him? Share some examples together.
LIVING THE STORY:
1. Imagine the scene Jesus describes in verse 7. What does it make you feel?
2. If someone you knew began a new relationship with Jesus through belief and repentance, or a member of your Life Group turned away from sin and to Jesus, would you celebrate? Why or why not, and how?
3. Discuss as a group what things in the Christian life are worth celebrating, why they are worth celebrating, and how you can celebrate God more together!