LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS
Have you ever struggled (or even suffered) with others as you worked for a common purpose together? If so, share some of your experiences.
UNDERSTANDING THE STORY:
1. What is the first direct command in Philippians? Which verse is this and how does it differ from the surrounding verses?
2. To what does “the gospel of Christ” refer? What does it mean to live your life worthy of “the gospel of Christ?”
3. Read Philippians 1:27-28. In what conditions are the Philippians instructed to stand firmly against those opposed to the gospel? Who do you think those opposed to the gospel might be? (See Acts 16:16-40) How does God deal with them according to Paul?
LIVING THE STORY:
1. Discuss how your Life Group can promote healthy unity in our church and conduct themselves in a manner “worthy of the gospel of Christ.”
2. In what ways does your “conduct” fall short of being worthy of the gospel? In what specific ways could you, together, make changes to improve your consistency in reflecting Christ?
3. In what context can you think of suffering as a privilege? Why might Paul think of it as one?
Teen Challenge – We pray for the men at Teen Challenge. Holy Spirit, break the shackles of addiction and help those in recovery to stand firm in the truth of Your love. Father God, we implore You to take the emptiness, fear, and loneliness that drive addictions of all kinds and radically transform them into purpose, trust, and hope through Christ. www.teenchallenge.org.
ENLACE, El Salvador – We pray for our ministry partner in El Salvador as they walk alongside the local church living out the Gospel in their community. As the St. Andrew’s team serves alongside ENLACE this week, we pray Your blessing over these relationships being built and the progression of development in this community. www.enlaceonline.org.
Other messages in this series
|Partnership in the Gospel|| ||Feb 5, 2017||Chap Clark|
|Dying to Live|| ||Feb 12, 2017||Rev. Dr. Craig Barnes|
|The Incarnation and Me|| ||Feb 26, 2017||Chap Clark|
|A Spiritual Workout|| ||Mar 5, 2017||Rev. Todd Clark|
|What Do I Really Want|| ||Mar 12, 2017||Chap Clark|
|Waterworks|| ||Mar 19, 2017||Rev. Dr. Bryan Eckelmann|
|The Origin of Joy|| ||Mar 26, 2017||Chris Greer|
|Peace in the Struggle|| ||Apr 2, 2017||Rev. Steven Good|