Joining your virtual small group is easy!
Note: The virtual meetings will only start at the specified time because we need to have a host online to launch your group’s meeting. Once the meeting is up and running, our host can leave and your group may continue that session for as long as you like — no need to feel rushed.
Join via phone call (easiest method)
To join by phone, find your group’s telephone number, dial the number, and then enter your group’s extension followed by the # key. Don’t worry — if you phone in, you’ll still be able to join in your full group discussion, even if others are using video.
Join with video on a computer (intermediate method)
If you are on a computer, you’ll be able to join the video without installing anything. All you have to do is click your group's link and follow the prompts.
- Your computer may ask you for permission to use the camera and microphone. Don’t worry, this is safe and normal.
- Once you’ve allowed the computer to use your camera and microphone, you can click on the green “Join now” button.
- If you don’t see the button, simply type your name and click “Ask to Join” and wait for your host to let you in.
Join with video on a smartphone or tablet (advanced method)
If you are on a smartphone or tablet, you’ll have to install the Hangouts app and log in with your Google credentials.
- Click on your group’s video link (click here to find it) and you will be prompted to install the Hangouts app.
- Click “Open” and you’ll be redirected to your app store. Install the Hangouts app and click “Open” or "Continue"
- When the app opens, click “Continue”.
- Allow the application to access the microphone and camera.
- Sign in with your Google account credentials. If you don’t have a Google account, it’s free and easy to make one. See this page for a how-to.
- Once signed in, click “Ask to Join” and your host will let you in.