CONTINUING THE CONVERSATION
1. Aside from the Lord's Prayer, Jesus doesn't often tell his disciples what to pray for. Why do you think he is more explicit here?
2. Where and in what circumstances do you most acutely feel the stirrings of
compassion toward those who might be described as "helpless," "sick,"
or "harassed"? What kind of action does that compassion produce in you?
3. This weekend's message referenced the compassion of the Good Samaritan (Luke
10:25-37). How does this parable help illuminate Jesus's words in Matthew 9:35
4. How are you serving now? How might God use you as part of the answer to "send
out workers into His harvest field"?
5. In the following section, Matthew 10:1-31; Jesus sends the disciples out on
mission. How has mission been an integral part of your discipleship?